Today, after rounds maybe as late as early afternoon, they are planning to take the breathing tube out. They will do another CPAP trial before then just to make sure. This is big. If she can successfully come off the breathing tube, then we continue the course of lowering medications. If not, she may have to get a heart pump (Berlin Heart). After the last drama of this attempt we are all nervous (doctors don’t look nervous, at least).
Maybe I will get to hold her soon. I fear I am forgetting what it feels like to hold my baby.
It feels a bit awkward to mention this, but people have started asking – we have a fundraising page. My friend Alyx started it. When it went live last night I saw people had already started to donate and I cried for a long time. It’s not so much the money I see as it is the love and support.
Here is Hana when we were at my parent’s house after Christmas: