This morning Hana had a fever of 101.4. They say it could be caused by her blood transfusion, the collapse of her lung after extubation or perhaps an infection of her PICC line. The last one scares me the most. They are switching as many mess from a drip to enteral (she will get them through her NG tube) to avoid having to open up access to her PICC line. It’s been a disappointing morning. Her nurse put ice on her and her temperature did drop. They are going to wait to start another antibiotic for possible infection but they did send off blood cultures.
She slept okay but has been waking. She is still on milrinone, precedex, versed, and ketamine. She has finished her steroid treatment. Her X-ray looked better today than yesterday after extubation. Today I have to get some regular life stuff done but then hope to sing and read to her. They may still extubate tomorrow, or maybe even wait until Friday.
Let’s pray for her temperature to stay normal and not be an infection.